These vibrant rainbow carrots make a great side dish to accompany any meal. Full of flavour, with our Agave Syrup that brings a subtle sweetness, nicely contrasted with the zingy lemon, they will truly elevate your dinner.
- 2 bunches of rainbow carrots (about 15-18), leaving about 2cm of the green tops attached and keeping the rest 2 bunches of rainbow carrots (about 15-18), leaving about 2cm of the green tops attached and keeping the rest
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp of Tate and Lyle Agave Syrup 1 tbsp of Tate and Lyle Agave Syrup
- 1/2 leamon 1/2 leamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper Black pepper
- Pumpkin seeds to finish Pumpkin seeds to finish
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Cut the carrot tops, leaving about 2cm of the green tops attached.
- Wash the carrots and cut each in half.
- Arrange the carrot halves on a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, whisk the olive oil, juice of half of the lemon, Tate & Lyle Agave Syrup, salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the carrots and make sure they are coated all around.
- Roast the carrot for 20-25 minutes, turning them hallway through the baking process. Once they are tender and begin to brown, remove from the oven.
- To serve, sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds and the cut carrot tops, just like you would with any other herb. Add a little extra salt and serve.