Personalised Chocolate Eggs
- 250g Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Icing Sugar (sifted)
- 2tbsp water
- 6 chocolate Easter eggs
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Beat the Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar and water together with a hand whisk. Remember that you need a medium consistency so that the icing will flow out of the piping bag and nozzle in a smooth way. It also needs to retain its shape so that your names don’t start to run. Don’t be afraid to mix and dilute a bit (with more water or more Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar) until you get it right.
- It is always a good idea to do a few sample piped letters on a piece of baking parchment to check the consistency of the icing before you start work on the chocolate eggs.
- When you are ready, perch the unwrapped chocolate eggs in a mug or bowl (depending on their size) to keep them stable. Carefully pipe your icing letters directly on to the chocolate.
- Lie the eggs down to dry (you can prop them in place with clean tea towels), then wrap in cellophane and add an Easter ribbon!
If you're feeling fancy, add some food colouring to the icing or practice a little white chocolate work.