Quick and very easy recipe for basic buttercream icing. This smooth and fluffy buttercream is very versatile and can be used as a filling as well as to decorate cakes or cupcakes.
- 500g Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Cane Icing Sugar 500g Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Cane Icing Sugar
- 250g softened butter, cubed 250g softened butter, cubed
- 1-2 Tbsp of milk 1-2 Tbsp of milk
HOW TO MAKE THIS BUTTERCREAM RECIPE
- Place the cubed butter into a medium bowl and using an electric mixer beat it until pale and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Cane Icing Sugar and beat together for 3-4 minutes until combined.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp of milk to loosen the texture of buttercream (if necessary), and beat again for 2-3 minutes until you have smooth, fluffy buttercream.
- The buttercream is ready to use. Transfer it to the piping bag fitted with decorative nozzle, or use it as a filling or icing for the cakes, cupcakes, etc.
- Add lemon zest, vanilla, almond extract, or any other flavourings to your buttercream. You can also use food colouring.
- Freeze any leftover buttercream for up to three months. Transfer it to zip-lock style bag or a freezer-friendly container and freeze. Thaw in the fridge overnight.