Gluten intolerant or not, this fantastic dessert always gets lips licking! A light and refreshing lemon cake made with olive oil and yoghurt, it’s the ideal sweet finish to a heavier homemade dinner!
For the Gluten-Free Yoghurt Cake
- 120g gluten-free self-raising flour 120g gluten-free self-raising flour
- 2 eggs 2 eggs
- 1 cup Tate & Lyle Light Brown Soft Cane Sugar 1 cup Tate & Lyle Light Brown Soft Cane Sugar
- 40g yoghurt 40g yoghurt
- 60ml olive oil 60ml olive oil
- ½ tsp baking powder ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup gluten-free oat flour (blended oats) ½ cup gluten-free oat flour (blended oats)
- Pinch of salt Pinch of salt
- Zest of 2 lemons Zest of 2 lemons
For the Lemon Frosting
- 600g Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar, sifted 600g Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar, sifted
- 300g unsalted or salted butter, softened 300g unsalted or salted butter, softened
- Finely grated lemon zest Finely grated lemon zest
Preheat the oven to 175C.
Combine the olive oil, sugar, cream and yoghurt together in a mixing bowl until well combined.
Beat in the eggs, one at a time, fold through the lemon zest and dry ingredients. Transfer the mixture into a lined and lightly greased cake tin.
Bake the cake in a mixture for 35 minutes or until cooked through. Allow them to cool before decorating with frosting and fresh berries.