Easy Carrot Cake Agave Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup
- 4 large eggs
- Tate & Lyle® Agave syrup
- 1 cup Sunflower oil
- 3 cups Fresh Carrots (shredded)
- 2 & 1/4 cups Wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
For the icing
- 100g butter, softened
- 300g soft cheese
- 100g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE THESE EASY CARROT CAKE MUFFINS
Follow this simple 9-step carrot cake muffins recipe for the ultimate tasty treats.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Prepare three 12-cup muffin pans with liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the agave nectar, eggs and oil; beat well.
- Next, stir in the carrots.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Blend in the batter.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared pans.
- Fill the cups only half-way to ensure proper baking.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes, until the center of a muffin springs back when lightly touched.
- For the icing, beat the butter until soft, then beat in the soft cheese, icing sugar and vanilla. Use a knife to swirl the icing on top of the cakes.
- If you’re feeling creative, you could always add some nuts to this delicious carrot cake muffins recipe. Chopped walnuts or pecans would be ideal additions to these sweet treats.
- Make sure you store your carrot cake muffins in an airtight container. They will last for up to 7 days in the fridge, or 3 days at room temperature. If you have frosted your muffins, we recommend storing in the fridge straight away.