Easy to make and oh-so-delicious, this fruity apricot tart recipe is a much-loved classic and an ideal dessert for summertime parties and picnics!
- 1 Pack of Ready-Rolled Puff Pastry 1 Pack of Ready-Rolled Puff Pastry
- 50g Ground Almonds 50g Ground Almonds
- 900g Apricots ripe for the picking (halved and stoned) 900g Apricots ripe for the picking (halved and stoned)
- 2 tbsp Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Icing Sugar 2 tbsp Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Icing Sugar
- Cream (to serve) Cream (to serve)
How to make an easy apricot tart
Follow this simple 5-step apricot tart recipe for a mouth-watering sweet treat!
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7.
- Unroll the puff pastry onto a baking sheet, then sprinkle over the ground almonds.
- Lay the apricot halves over the almonds, as closely together as you can, right up to the edge of the pastry.
- Dust with the Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar, then bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar starts to caramelise a little.
- Serve warm with cream.
- If you like the fruity sweetness of this tart, why not experiment with peaches or nectarines and almonds?
- You could always get creative with your tart toppings and consider using custard, chocolate syrup, or almond-flavoured ice cream as your pièce de resistance.
- If fresh apricots aren’t in season, you can always use canned apricots. However, it’s important that you carefully dry off each one before laying them in the pastry.