Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- 227g dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 115g smooth peanut butter
- 55g cream cheese, room temperature
- 50g graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp of Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- Mini paper muffin cup liners
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar peanut butter, cream cheese and vanilla. Mix until well combined and smooth.
- Chop your chocolate into small pieces. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Note: you can use a pot resting on top of a pot of boiling water, not touching the water. Melt the chocolate in the top pot.
- Pour about 2 tsp of the melted chocolate into the bottoms of the muffin cups. You are aiming for thick layers of chocolate on the bottoms and sides. This may be easiest to do with the muffin cups in the muffin tin to hold them in place.
- Spoon about a teaspoon of peanut butter mixture into each of the cups, leaving some space at the top. Pour a thick layer of melted chocolate over the top so the edges of chocolate match up and form a seal.
- Transfer to the fridge or freezer and wait until the tops have set.
- Peel back the muffin liners and serve.
These are an ideal snack for a film night so why not make some Caramel Popcorn too?