Chocolate Filo Cigars
- 25g butter
- 3 x 32cm x 38cm filo pastry sheets
- 250g chocolate and hazelnut spread
- Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar, to dust
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan, then remove from the heat.
- Cut each sheet of filo pastry into four rectangles and brush each rectangle with the melted butter.
- Spread one tablespoon of the chocolate spread across the long side of each piece of pastry, keeping a 2cm border. Fold a little of the two short sides of the pastry over the filling to seal the chocolate spread inside, then roll up the pastry from one of the long sides.
- Repeat with the remaining rectangles to make 12 cigars. Place the cigars on the lined baking tray and brush with a little more melted butter, then bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cigars from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack, then dust with plenty of Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar before serving.
These Chocolate Cigars act as a great gift, so why not make a nice box to serve these up in too!