For the brulee
- 450g mixed summer berries such as strawberries, raspberries, blueberries
- 2 tbsp Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar
- half vanilla pod (seeds removed) or ½ tsp vanilla paste
- 400g 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 400g virtually fat-free fromage frais
for the caramel
- 175g Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Mix the berries, Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar and vanilla seeds or vanilla paste together.
- Mix the yogurt and fromage frais together and fold in the fruit mixture. Spoon into six shallow serving dishes and chill for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile make the caramel: put the Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar into a heavy based saucepan, add 5 tablespoons of water and heat gently stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Increase the heat and simmer until the caramel turns a deep golden colour.
- Pour onto a tray lined with baking paper and allow to spread evenly. Leave until set hard.
- When ready to serve, break up the caramel into shards and place in each pot of berry dessert.
Why not leave the other half of your vanilla pod to dry for a couple of days and then add it to a jar of Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar? After a week or so the flavoured sugar will be perfect to use for baking!