Deliciously fruity and subtly alcoholic this is a lovely cooling cocktail. Other seasonal berries such as strawberries, redcurrants and blackcurrants can be swapped for the raspberries and blackberries.
- 95g Tate & Lyle Golden Caster Sugar 95g Tate & Lyle Golden Caster Sugar
- 100ml Water 100ml Water
- 110g Raspberries 110g Raspberries
- 110g Blackberries 110g Blackberries
- Crushed Ice Crushed Ice
- 120ml Lime Juice (about 5 limes) 120ml Lime Juice (about 5 limes)
- 275ml White Rum 275ml White Rum
- A Few Sprigs of Mint A Few Sprigs of Mint
- 1 Lime (cut into 4 wedges) 1 Lime (cut into 4 wedges)
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Make the sugar syrup first by combining the Tate & Lyle Golden Caster Sugar and water together in a pan over a low heat. Stir to dissolve for 2-3 minutes then bring to the boil and boil for 1-2 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Combine the raspberries and blackberries in a pestle and mortar and lightly crush them or put them in a small bowl and use the back of a wooden spoon instead.
- Fill 4 tumblers with crushed ice, pour over the sugar syrup, then add the crushed fruits, followed by the lime juice and rum. Stir to combine, then decorate with a mint sprig and serve with lime wedges.
Make the sugar syrup up to one week ahead and store in a jar in the fridge.