Stunning Caramel Sauce
- [light-brown-sugar] 125g (4½oz)
- 150g (5oz) Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 50g (2oz) Unsalted butter
- 150ml (5floz) Double cream
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Pop the Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown Sugar, butter and Lyle's Golden Syrup together in a small pan. Slowly dissolve the sugar over a low heat for about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Continue to cook on a low heat for a further 5 minutes then slowly add the cream and cook for another 1-2 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Remove and leave to cool - it really is that easy.
Everyone loves caramel - but wait until you try it with a dash of vanilla, or even a pinch of crushed sea salt.