Sticky Pork Chops With Apple Coleslaw
- 4 lean pork loin chops
- 2 tbsp Tate & Lyle Dark Soft Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- A few watercress & rocket leaves (to garnish)
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
For the Apple Coleslaw
- 1/4 small Savoy or white cabbage (shredded)
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 1 small red onion (finely sliced)
- 1 red apple (cored and finely chopped)
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
1. First make the coleslaw by mixing together the cabbage, carrot, onion, apple and lemon juice to taste. Season and toss together.
2. Preheat the grill. Arrange the pork loin chops on the grill rack. Mix together the Tate & Lyle Dark Soft Brown sugar, cider vinegar, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, tomato ketchup and wholegrain mustard, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Brush the chops with the glaze, cook for 5 minutes and baste after 3 minutes. Turn the chops over and brush with the baste again. Cook for a further 5-10 minutes, turning and basting frequently, until cooked through with a sticky glaze.
4. Serve the chops with the apple coleslaw and garnish with watercress and rocket.
You could use Tate & Lyle Dark Muscovado sugar instead of Dark Soft Brown as an alternative.