For the Cookies
- 150g Salted Butter, Softened 150g Salted Butter, Softened
- 150g Tate and Lyle Unrefined Demerara Sugar 150g Tate and Lyle Unrefined Demerara Sugar
- 50g Tate and Lyle Light Soft Brown Sugar 50g Tate and Lyle Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, Beaten 1 Large Egg, Beaten
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 225g Plain Flour 225g Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Biocarbonate of Soda 1/2 tsp Biocarbonate of Soda
- 1 tsp Mixed Spice 1 tsp Mixed Spice
For the Filling
- 15 Marshmallows 15 Marshmallows
- 9 tsp Chocolate and Hazelnut Spread 9 tsp Chocolate and Hazelnut Spread
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 190C, fan oven 170C, Gas Mark 5. Line two baking sheets with baking parchment and set to one side. Place the butter and both sugars in a large mixing bowl and beat together with a wooden spoon until creamy. Beat in the vanilla extract and egg until fully incorporated.
- Sift over the flour, bicarbonate of soda and then add the mixed spice and mix in well with a wooden spoon. Spoon level tablespoons of the cookie mixture on to the two trays spacing them well apart. You should have around 30 cookies in total.
- Bake for 12 minutes until golden. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for two minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To assemble the S’mores, preheat your grill to medium high. Spread the bases of half the cookies with half a teaspoon of the chocolate and hazelnut spread and set to one side. Place a marshmallow on the bases of the remainder. Place on the grill pan and grill for 2 minutes or until melting and lightly golden. Place the other cookie on top, chocolate side against the marshmallow and serve straight away.Want a vegetarian alternative?
If you want a vegetarian version of these delicious S'mores, replace your chocolate and hazelnut spread with a dark chocolate spread, and buy gelatin-free marshmallows to ensure they're suitable for all your vegetarian friends!
Traditionally served at bon-fire night, try toasting your marshmallows over the flames of the fire - take it slowly as they will burn quickly and then assemble with your cookies as above.