1. Heat your oven to 170C and line a 12 hole cupcake tray with cupcake liners. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer mix the butter and sugar together until light and creamy, around 3-5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time scraping the bowl down between each addition.
3. Add half the flour and mix until just combined, add the vanilla extract followed by the remaining flour and the spices. Mix until everything is just combined.
4. Using an ice cream scoop fill each cupcake liner to 2/3 full and bake for 20 minutes until risen and springy when touched. Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before removing to a baking rack to finish cooling.
5. To make the frosting mix the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer until pale and soft. Add the icing sugar, vanilla extract and 1tbsp of the milk. Turn the mixer on low and gradually increase the speed. Whip for 5 minutes.
6. Once the cupcakes have cooled fill a piping bag, fitted with an open star nozzle with the vanilla frosting and pipe a cute swirl on top of each cake. Sprinkle with a little extra cinnamon.