- 1 Lime (cut into 8 wedges) 1 Lime (cut into 8 wedges)
- 4 tbsp Lime Juice 4 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 - 2 tbsp Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Demerara Sugar 1 - 2 tbsp Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Demerara Sugar
- Pinch of Freshly Ground Nutmeg Pinch of Freshly Ground Nutmeg
- Ice Cubes Ice Cubes
- 100ml Dark Rum 100ml Dark Rum
- 200ml Ginger Ale 200ml Ginger Ale
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
1. Take two tumbler-style glasses and put 3 lime wedges into each one. Add 2 tbsp lime juice, 1 tsp grated ginger and 1 tbsp Tate & Lyle Demerara sugar to each glass with a pinch of nutmeg, then use a small wooden spoon to ‘muddle’ the ingredients together (this just means bashing and crushing the ingredients together).
2. Make sure that the sugar has dissolved, then half fill the glasses with ice cubes. Pour the dark rum into the glasses.
3. Top up with ginger ale and serve immediately, decorated with the remaining lime wedges.
If your wooden spoon doesn’t fit into the glass, just use the handle, or you could use the end of a wooden rolling pin for ‘muddling’.