Sorbet Watermelon Sorbetto
- 115g Tate & Lyle Golden Caster Sugar
- 100ml water
- 1 medium watermelon
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Put the Tate & Lyle Golden Caster Sugar and water into a small saucepan, heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved then boil for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Meanwhile cut the flesh from the melon rind and remove any large seeds, weigh 750g and cut into chunks. (Any remaining melon can be used in a fruit salad). Put into a food processor or blender and purée.
- Add the sugar syrup and the lime juice and mix well.
- Pour the sorbetto into an ice-cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Either use immediately or freeze for up to 2 months.
- Alternatively, without a machine, pour the mixture into a shallow tray suitable for the freezer, allow it to part-freeze, then tip into a bowl and whisk to break up the ice-crystals. Return the mixture to the freezer and repeat at least three more times until completely frozen.
- Before serving, place the sorbetto in the fridge for 30-60 minutes before scooping.
Using a domestic ice-cream machine refer to the instructions and the capacity. Remember not to fill the bucket more than two thirds full.
For adults, try adding 1-2 tbsp vodka before freezing.