Snowball Rock Cakes
- 75g unsalted butter
- 175g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp. mixed spice
- 50g Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 50g dried cranberries
- 50g ready–to-eat apricots, Chopped into small pieces
- 1 tbsp. Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp. milk
for the buttercream
- 50g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 2 tsp. milk
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160Cfan/gas 4.
- Grease two baking sheets.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and put into a bowl with the flour. Rub together with your fingertips until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs. You can also do this in a food processor.
- Stir in the spice, Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown Sugar and dried fruits and mix. Now add the Lyle’s Golden Syrup, egg and stir in enough milk to make a stiff dough. Place heaped teaspoons on the baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to a Cooling rack.
- Beat the butter, Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar and milk together until smooth. Then, using a small palette knife spread a little on half of the rock cakes and place another on top.
- Dust with Icing sugar when assembled.
Look out for ready Chopped apricots. If using whole ones, it is easier to snip them with scissors into small pieces, than Cutting them with a knife.