Rosemary & Orange Jelly
- 1.8kg oranges, halved & sliced into semi-circles
- 450g lemons, halved & sliced into semi-circles
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- Tate & Lyle Preserving Sugar
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Place the fruit in a large pan with half of the rosemary and 2.5l (4½ pts) of water. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 1¼ hours until the fruit is soft.
- Pour into a jelly bag and strain into a bowl for about 3-4 hours, then discard the pulp.
- Measure the liquid and return to the pan adding 450g (1lb) Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Preserving Cane Sugar for every 600ml (21floz) of liquid.
- Heat gently, stirring until the Tate & Lyle Preserving Sugar has dissolved then bring to the boil and simmer rapidly for 10-20 minutes until setting point is reached.
- Remove from the heat, skim off any surface residue then gently stir in the remaining finely chopped rosemary. Transfer to hot and sterilised jars, then seal, label, and store in a cool, dark, dry place.