- 100g self-raising flour
- 100g self-raising wholemeal flour
- Pinch of salt
- 100g unsalted butter (cut into cubes)
- 75g Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 175g raisins
- 1 orange (zest only)
- 1 egg (beaten)
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/370°F/Gas Mark 5 and grease a large baking sheet.
- Sift the flours and salt into a mixing bowl, then add the butter, using your fingertips to rub into the flour until you reach the breadcrumb stage.
- Add the Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown Sugar, raisins and orange zest and mix with your fingers again.
- Add the egg and mix again with your hands. Now divide the mixture into eight roughly rolled balls – keep them knobbly or they won't be rock cakes – then place on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Leave to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Sprinkle a little demerara sugar on top of your Rock Cakes to give them that extra crunchy flavor!