1. Pre-heat your oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
2. Line your muffin tin with cases and set aside.
3. While your oven heats dice your fresh rhubarb into cubes and add to a bowl with your Tate & Lyle caster sugar and mix thoroughly with a spoon. Set aside while you prepare the muffin mix to allow the rhubarb and sugar to start macerating ahead of adding to the mix.
1. In a new bowl, add your dry ingredients, sieved plain flour, baking powder, and bicarbonate of soda, stirring through ahead of adding your wet ingredients.
2. Add your egg, oil, and vanilla extract to the rhubarb and sugar mix, combining thoroughly ahead of adding to your dry flour mix.
3. Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and combine thoroughly, adding your milk at the end to loosen the mix.
1. Spoon your mixture into your muffin cases, filling each one halfway full. Sprinkle with Tate & Lyle Light Muscovado over the tops for a caramel crunch finish on top.
2. Pop your muffin tray(s) in the oven for 18-20 mins, a skewer should come out clean to check they’re done. Put on a wire rack to cool before tearing in to enjoy the soft, light sponge with pink jewels of sweet and tangy rhubarb.