Raspberry Jam Drop Biscuits Recipe
- 175g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 175g butter (softened)
- 50g Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar
- 2 level tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp raspberry jam
- 25g cornflour
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE JAM DROP BISCUITS
Follow this simple six-step recipe to make these ultra-tasty raspberry jam drop biscuits.
- Line 2 or 3 baking trays with parchment. Heat the oven to 180C/160Cfan/gas 4.
- Sift the flour, cornflour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Place the butter, Caster sugar and Lyle’s Golden Syrup into a bowl and using and electric whisk, beat until pale and fluffy, add the vanilla extract. Fold in the dry ingredients until the mixture forms and soft dough.
- Take small pieces of dough about the size of a walnut and roll into a ball walnut. Place on the baking tray, leaving room to spread, then repeat and make more balls.
- Make an imprint into each ball using your finger, deep enough to hold a little jam. Carefully place a small blob of jam in each using about ¼ tsp jam.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden brown. Carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. These cookies will keep in an airtight tin for up to 4 days.
- These Jam Drops are perfect for experimenting with other jam flavours – and they taste even better with homemade jam! Check out our Strawberry Jam Recipe if you feel like giving it a go yourself!
- To make sure that your jam drop biscuits cool completely, leave them on the wire rack for about 10-15 minutes.
- If you’d rather not use your finger to make an imprint for the jam in the biscuits, try using the rounded tip of a wooden spoon handle instead.
- These sweet treats make for perfect little lunchbox fillers, or a dainty addition to a picnic or afternoon tea.