- 175 g Margarine 175 g Margarine
- 175 g Tate and Lyle Golden Caster Sugar 175 g Tate and Lyle Golden Caster Sugar
- 2 large Eggs 2 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Grated Orange Zest 1 tsp Grated Orange Zest
- 175 g Self-Raising Flour 175 g Self-Raising Flour
- 100 g Ground Almonds 100 g Ground Almonds
- Few Drops of Vanilla Extract Few Drops of Vanilla Extract
- 225 g Raspberries 225 g Raspberries
- 2 tbsp Flaked Almonds 2 tbsp Flaked Almonds
- Tate and Lyle Icing Sugar (for Dusting) Tate and Lyle Icing Sugar (for Dusting)
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/Fan160°C/Gas mark 4. Grease a 20Cm (8”) loose-bottomed cake tin and line the base with parchment paper.
- Put the margarine spread, 175g Tate & Lyle Golden Caster Sugar, eggs, orange zest and flour into a large bowl with the ground almonds and vanilla extract. Using an electric mixer, beat together until smooth and creamy. With a rubber spatula gently fold in the raspberries.
- Turn into the tin and carefully level. Scatter over the flaked almonds and bake for 45-50 minutes. Test with a skewer, if it comes out clean then remove from the oven. Leave the cake to cool for 20 minutes before removing from the tin.
- Dust with Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar before serving.
Butter can be used if preferred, but it must be very soft to use it in this method. Try 2 chopped peaches or 175g blueberries in this recipe for a change.