- 50g Tate & Lyle Golden Caster Sugar
- 10g Tate & Lyle Demerara Sugar
- 110g unsalted butter (softened)
- 175g plain flour (plus a little extra for rolling)
- 50g semolina or ground rice
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp milk
- 10g shelled unsalted pistachio nuts
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Cream the butter and Tate & Lyle Golden Caster Sugar together in a bowl, then gradually add the flour, semolina or ground rice and salt, mix and then lightly bring the mixture together with your hand.
- Turn the dough out on to a floured surface, knead lightly and roll it with your hands into a 25.5cmx4cm (10”x1½”) log. Wrap in cling film and chill for 1 hour.
- While the dough is chilling, finely chop the pistachios and combine them with the Tate & Lyle Demerara Sugar on a tray.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/Fan 150°C, 325°F, Gas Mark 3.
- Brush the shortbread log with the milk and roll it firmly in the sugared nut mixture to completely cover. Cut into 28 discs and lay these out on the baking trays, leaving a space between each. Bake on the middle and top shelves of the oven for 15-18 minutes or until very pale golden, swapping the trays over halfway through. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
You will also need 2 baking trays lined with parchment paper.
These yummy biscuits go great with our Hazelnut Latte; try the recipe here!