- 200g butter (cut into cubes, plus extra, to grease)
- 200g Fairtrade dark chocolate (cut into small pieces)
- 4 eggs
- 220g Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 120g plain flour
- 220g pistachio nuts (very roughly chopped)
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/370°F/Gas Mark 5 and butter and line a brownie tin.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir, then remove from the heat and let cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs for two minutes, then add the Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown Sugar and beat for two more minutes.
- Fold the egg and sugar mixture into the melted chocolate, then carefully fold in the flour and nuts.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, lower the heat to 180°C/360°F/Gas Mark 4 and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tin for five minutes, then cut into squares, remove from the tin and let cool completely on wire racks before serving.
These are an ideal snack to go with your coffee break or as a little after-dinner treat.