Pistachio Afternoon Boosters
- 200g desiccated coconut
- 1 large egg white
- 50g ground almonds
- 50g salted pistachio nuts (chopped)
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g Tate & Lyle Dark Soft Brown
- 2tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 1-2tbsp dried raspberry flakes (optional)
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan oven 170°C Gas Mark 5.
- Tip the coconut into a dry frying pan and cook over a high heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon, to toast lightly. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, use a fork to lightly whisk the egg white in a mixing bowl. Stir in the coconut and add the ground almonds, pistachio nuts, pumpkin seeds, Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown or Light Muscovado Sugar and Lyle’s Golden Syrup.
- Spoon the mixture into a silicone mini muffin tray (or similar) to make approximately 20, cooking in batches if necessary. Transfer to the oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- Cool, then ease the treats from the tray. Sprinkle the dried raspberry flakes on top (if using). Keep in an airtight tin for up to 2 weeks.
You could use chopped almonds, hazelnuts or peanuts instead of the pistachios.
If you prefer, tip the whole mixture into a lined 23cm square cake tin and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cut into squares when cool.