Orange and Honey Madeleines
- 55g softened unsalted butter
- 67g Tate & Lyle Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp Tate & Lyle Golden Caster Sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 68g all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and honey until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Use a microplane to zest your orange, then stir in the zest.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the butter mixture.
- Stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
- If using a non-stick pan, there is no need to grease your madeleine pan. If you are using a pan without a non-stick coating, use a pastry brush to apply a thin layer of melted butter to each mold.
- Scoop batter into the moulds, filling them just below the top. They will rise a lot while baking, so be careful not to overfill them.
- Bake madeleines for 6 minutes if using a mini madeleine pan and 8 minutes if using a regular madeleine pan.
- Remove from the oven and immediately invert the tray over a clean counter, tapping it gently if necessary to release the madeleines from the moulds.
- Place the madeleines on a cooling rack to cool completely. Once cooled, serve and enjoy!
If you're using a non-stick pan, ensure the butter is spread evenly otherwise the browning of the madeleine will be uneven.