This is an effortless one-pot version of Sunday lunch with all the meat and vegetables cane sugar-glazed to perfection in no time at all. And, best of all, there’s minimal washing up.
- 3 Rounded tbsp Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown Sugar 3 Rounded tbsp Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Cider Vinegar 2 Tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 1 Rounded tbsp Roughly Chopped Thyme Leaves 1 Rounded tbsp Roughly Chopped Thyme Leaves
- 4 Pork Sausages Twisted in Half and Cut 4 Pork Sausages Twisted in Half and Cut
- 8 Thin Rashers of Bacon 8 Thin Rashers of Bacon
- 4 Chicken Thighs 4 Chicken Thighs
- 6 Medium New Potatoes (cut lengthways) 6 Medium New Potatoes (cut lengthways)
- 8 Small Carrots (peeled) 8 Small Carrots (peeled)
- 2 Parsnips ((peeled & halved lengthways) 2 Parsnips ((peeled & halved lengthways)
- 2 Medium Red Onions (peeled, quartered through the root) 2 Medium Red Onions (peeled, quartered through the root)
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan180°, 400F, Gas Mark 6.
- Mix together the olive oil, vinegar, Tate & Lyle Light Sofr Brown Cane Sugar, thyme and a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Next, wrap each sausage half in bacon, then place in a large roasting tin or 2 smaller ones so as not to overcrowd everything. Add the chicken, potatoes, carrots, parsnips and onions, then drizzle over the olive oil mixture and rub everything well to coat, ensuring the chicken is skin-side uppermost.
- Roast on the middle shelf of the oven for 35-40 minutes, turning the vegetables and sausages halfway through and basting everything with the juices. When the chicken skin is crisp and golden and the vegetables are glazed and tender, the dish is ready. Remove and serve.
This dish is perfect without anything additional but you can always remove the meat and serve it up as a side dish to a Sunday roast if you fancy it.