HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
1. Line a 20cm round cake tin bottom with parchment paper.
2. Mix together ground digestive biscuits and sugar with melted butter until combined. Sugar acts as a binding agent and will keep your crust nice and firm.
3.Transfer to a cake tin and press into an even layer. Let chill in the fridge as you prepare the filling.
1. In a blender mix together the cream cheese, skyr, strawberries, vanilla and sugar until smooth and you’re happy with the pink colour.
2. Prepare the gelatine following the package instructions. Since the gelatine is usually added to hot mixtures this can be a tricky part as we are adding it to the cold mixture here so melt the softened sheets in a saucepan or microwave over very *low heat*, stirring until just melted completely. Then stir in the room temperature yoghurt mixture gradually with a whisk or a hand mixer until nice and smooth.
3. Pour the filling into your prepared pan over the crust. Spread into an even layer. Forcefully tap the cake tin against a hard surface to remove any air bubbles in the filling.
4. Cover with clingfilm or foil and chill in the fridge overnight.
1. Add everything to a pan and let it bubble for 8-10min until it thickens.
2. Mash the strawberries with a fork or blend everything until smooth. Let it cool down slightly before pouring it over the cake.
That’s it! Serve chilled to your family and make it, again and again, it’s perfect for these warmer days coming our way.