Add a little twist to your hot chocolate with mulled wine to give it that festive touch. It's the perfect way to get warmed up during the colder days. For adults only please!
- 200g Tate & Lyle Pure Cane Dark Brown Soft sugar 200g Tate & Lyle Pure Cane Dark Brown Soft sugar
- 200g Tate & Lyle Pure Cane Caster Sugar 200g Tate & Lyle Pure Cane Caster Sugar
- 200g of cocoa powder 200g of cocoa powder
- 2 cinnamon sticks 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 star anise 5 star anise
- 8 cloves 8 cloves
- 500g of dark chocolate, broken into pieces 500g of dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 clementines, or satsumas, halved 2 clementines, or satsumas, halved
- 1 sprig of rosemary 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 bottle of red wine, fruity 1 bottle of red wine, fruity
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
1. Put 500ml water, the sugar, the cocoa powder and all the spices in a pan and bring to a simmer.
2. Remove from the heat, add the chocolate and whisk well until the chocolate is fully incorporated.
3. Add the clementines and rosemary and allow to infuse for 10 minutes.
4. Add the red wine and warm through gently.