Mini Pecan Pies
- 80g pecan nuts (coarsely chopped)
- 30g unsalted butter
- 80ml golden syrup
- 1tbsp dark rum
- 110g Tate & Lyle Dark Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 packet of ready-made ready-rolled sweet shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg
- 30ml double cream
- Pinch of salt
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F/Gas Mark 4 and grease the wells of a tart tray or muffin tin. Turn on the grill and toast the pecans for a few minutes on a baking sheet.
- Heat the butter, golden syrup, rum and Tate & Lyle Dark Soft Brown Sugar in a saucepan until boiling. Stir continuously. Remove from the heat and leave to cool until just warm.
- Meanwhile, roll out the pastry on a floured surface and cut out 16 circles with a fluted cutter. Place the circles into the prepared tin.
- Now, in a small mixing bowl, whisk the egg and add to the cooled syrup mixture. Add the cream and salt and stir.
- Place two thirds of the pecans into the tart cases, fill with the syrup and egg mix, then sprinkle any remaining pecans on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, allow to cool in the tin for five minutes, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
Ensure you wait for the pies to cool down otherwise the filling won't be set and it'll get messy quite quickly…