Mini Desserts: Banoffee Pies Recipe
30 mins, plus chilling
For The Pastry
- 225g plain flour, plus extra for rolling
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 50g white vegetable fat
- 60g chilled butter, cut into pieces
- chilled water to mix
For The Filling
- 50g Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 50g Tate & Lyle Light Brown Soft Sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 50g butter, cut into pieces
- 1-2 bananas
- 300ml double cream
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE MINI BANOFFEE PIES
WHAT IS BANOFFEE PIE?
Banoffee pie consists of bananas, cream and toffee combined in a butter pasty or biscuit base. Some banoffee pie recipes also include coffee and/or chocolate as ingredients.
Get inspired by the video below and then follow these 6 simple steps for the perfect mini banoffee pies!
- Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Add the vegetable fat and butter and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture looks like fine crumbs. Stir in just enough chilled water to make a soft, but not sticky dough. Knead for a few moments until smooth, then wrap and chill for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan oven 180°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Roll out the pastry thinly on a lightly floured surface and use a 7.5cm cutter to stamp out 16 rounds, re-rolling the pastry as necessary. Use to line 16 patty tins. Prick the bases with a fork, line with scrunched-up foil, then bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the Lyle’s Golden Syrup into a saucepan with the Tate & Lyle Light Brown Soft Sugar and butter. Heat gently until melted and smooth, then boil steadily for 1 minute. Cool slightly.
- Spoon the toffee filling into the cooked pastry tarts and leave until cold.
- Shortly before serving, slice the bananas and arrange them on the toffee filling. Whip the cream in a chilled bowl and pipe or spoon some onto each tart. Serve, sprinkled with a little extra Tate & Lyle Light Brown Soft Sugar.
- To save time, you could always buy ready-made pastry tarts.
- Why not cover your mini pies in chocolate shavings for added effect? All you’ll need is a block of your favourite chocolate and a cheese grater or potato peeler.
- Remember, this mini banoffee pie recipe can be doubled, tripled or even quadrupled, should you need to cater for more people.