Follow these 8 steps to achieve the ultimate homemade honeycomb biscuit bar!
1. Heat the oven to 160C (140C fan/Gas mark 3) and line the baking tin with baking parchment.
2. In a large bowl, rub together flour and butter using your hands until the texture resembles fine breadcrumbs, then add sugar, vanilla and pinch of salt.
3. Transfer the mixture into the lined baking tray and press firmly using the back of the spoon. Bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown. Leave to cool in the tin.
4. Make the caramel by placing all the ingredients in a small pan. Heat gently until it simmers, then stir continuously for 5 minutes until it thickens. Leave to cool for a couple of minutes.
5. Sprinkle chopped salted peanuts and honeycomb pieces on top of the shortbread then pour the caramel over the top. Leave to cool completely.
6. Place the dark chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and allow it to melt.
7. Pour the chocolate mixture on top of the caramel and allow it to set completely.
8. Cut into squares and enjoy!