1, Heap the flour onto a clean surface, then make a well in the center. Add the cubed butter, egg, salt, and sugar into the well and using the tips of your fingers rub the ingredients together until you have a grainy texture.
2. Add the cold milk and mix again until the dough starts to stick together. Knead it a few times until smooth.
3. Divide into two, shape into disks and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
In a large bowl, mix together the cherries, lemon juice, vanilla and almond extract, Tate & Lyle Pure Cane Caster Sugar and cornflour. Place in the fridge.
1. Preheat the oven to 190C (fan).
2. Roll out one of the chilled dough disks into large circle, about 10' in diameter. Carefully transfer the dough into a baking dish, pressing it gently around the edges. Trim off any excess dough.
3. Spoon the filling into the pie crust (discard the juices). Add a tablespoon of cubed butter on top.
4. Roll out the second chilled pie dough disk into a large circle and using a sharp knife, pizza cutter or pastry wheel, cut out 10 strips from the dough.
5. Arrange the strips into a lattice pattern on top. Trim off any excess dough and press the edges gently together.
6. Brush the pie with egg wash and sprinkle with Demerara sugar.
7. Bake the pie for 20 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 180C and bake it for another 30-35 minutes, until golden brown. Allow the pie to cool before serving, with a little vanilla ice cream.