Home-made ketchup with Agave
45 - 50 mins
- 14.5 ounce
- 1/4 cup Distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup White onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Add tomatoes, vinegar, onion and garlic to a saucepan and cook on medium heat until the mixture begins to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 30 minutes, add paprika, cinnamon, salt and agave syrup. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and allow mixture to cool. Once cooled, use a blender to purée the ingredients. If the mixture is too thick, add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is achieved. Mixture should be thin enough to be pourable.
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight jar for 2 to 3 weeks.
Enjoyed making this? Why not try our BBQ Sauce too!