Brownies are a classic dessert everyone loves! Easy to make with the fun marshmallow decoration, they make the perfect Halloween treat. They are also vegan so anyone and everyone will be able to enjoy them.
- 2tbsp ground flaxseed 2tbsp ground flaxseed
- 4tbsp warm water 4tbsp warm water
- 170g Tate & Lyle Pure Cane Granulated Sugar 170g Tate & Lyle Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 110g coconut oil, melted 110g coconut oil, melted
- 1tsp vanilla extract 1tsp vanilla extract
- 50g dark chocolate, melted 50g dark chocolate, melted
- 130g plain flour 130g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder 1tsp baking powder
- 30g cocoa powder 30g cocoa powder
- 1/2tsp salt 1/2tsp salt
- 3tbsp plant based milk 3tbsp plant based milk
- 4 large white vegan marshmallows 4 large white vegan marshmallows
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan, gas mark 4).
- Grease or line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper. If using the baking paper, leave it to stick out of the tin on all sides. That way it's easier to pull the baked brownie out of the tin.
- In a small bowl, combine the ground flaxseed and water and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the melted coconut oil and sugar until combined. Add vanilla extract, flaxseed and melted chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Sift into a bowl with wet ingredients and using a wooden spoon or silicone spatula, stir until combined.
- Finally, add the plant-based milk and stir one more time until smooth (but thick) mixture is obtained.
- Transfer into the prepared tin and smooth out the top with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool for at least 45 minutes before decorating.
- When ready to decorate, melt the marshmallows in the microwave for 20-30 seconds, allow to cool for 5 seconds.
- Put your fingers into melted marshmallows, stick them together then pull them apart. As you're pulling your fingers apart, melted marshmallows will create the cobweb look.
- Attach the melted marshmallows on the edges of the brownie until whole surface is covered.
- Cut the brownies once they are decorated.