These deliciously moist cupcakes are just SO easy to make - guaranteed to be a hit with the whole family!
- 150ml rapeseed oil 150ml rapeseed oil
- 175g Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Pure Cane Light Brown Soft Sugar 175g Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Pure Cane Light Brown Soft Sugar
- 3 eggs 3 eggs
- 200g coarsely grated pumpkin 200g coarsely grated pumpkin
- 1 tsp fresh orange zest 1 tsp fresh orange zest
- 1 tsp mixed spice 1 tsp mixed spice
- 200g self-raising flour 200g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
FOR THE SAUCE
- 40g Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Pure Cane Light Brown Soft Sugar 40g Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Pure Cane Light Brown Soft Sugar
- 25g butter 25g butter
- 2 tbsp double cream 2 tbsp double cream
- Pinch sea salt Pinch sea salt
FOR THE FROSTING
- 180g tub cream cheese 180g tub cream cheese
- 50g Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Cane Icing Sugar 50g Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Cane Icing Sugar
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 180C, fan oven 160C, Gas Mark 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases and set to one side.
- Pour the oil into a large bowl, add the sugar, eggs, pumpkin, orange zest and mixed spice. Beat well and then sift over the flour and bicarbonate of soda.
- Combine well and carefully spoon into the prepared cake cases. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a fine skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make the salted caramel sauce, place the soft brown sugar, butter and cream into a small pan. Heat until melted then bubble for two minutes until smooth and glossy and then stir in the sea salt. Allow to cool a little.
- To decorate the muffins, beat together the cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth. Spoon over the cooled cakes and finish with a drizzle of caramel sauce.
These cakes can be made with butternut squash or pumpkin, just go for whatever you have to hand!