Gingerbread Man Biscuits
- 175g/6oz Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 350g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger,
- 100g unsalted butter (cubed)
- 4 tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 30ml milk
- currants or raisins, a little glacé icing & some hundreds & thousands
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5
- Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and ginger. Add the butter and rub in to make fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown Cane Sugar
- Beat together the Lyle’s Golden Syrup, the egg and milk. Stir into the dry ingredients and mix to a dough. Turn out onto floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Roll out and use a gingerbread cutter to cut out 12 gingerbread men and transfer onto 2 baking trays. Decorate the biscuits with the dried fruit to make the faces and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Once Cooled, decorate with glacé Icing and hundreds and thousands.
If you're making me for Christmas, why don't you check out our Gingerbread Christmas Tree recipe too!