1. Soften the butter, then beat in the Tate & Lyle Pure Cane Caster sugar until pale and fluffy.
2. Add in remaining dry ingredients and beat until the mixture resembles damp sand.
3. Separately mix together the wet ingredients, then tip 3/4 of it to the flour mixture and beat to combine.
4. Add the remaining wet ingredients, beat to combine, then beat the cake mixture on medium and beat for a few minutes until light and silky.
5. Transfer to two 6” round tins and bake at 160C/320F for 25-35 minutes until done. Cool in tins 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack to cool completely before filling and decorating.
6. To make the filling, whip the double cream, vanilla and 1 tbsp icing sugar to soft peaks. Spread the jam over the bottom cake layer, and top with whipped cream and sliced strawberries. Place the second cake on top, dust it with the Tate & Lyle Pure Cane Icing Sugar, and serve.