These shortbread biscuits are so simple to make with just three ingredients, and you can decorate them to your own style. We have decorated them to say our thanks to the NHS and all the other key workers.
- 100g Tate and Lyle Pure Cane Granulated sugar 100g Tate and Lyle Pure Cane Granulated sugar
- 200g unsalted butter 200g unsalted butter
- 300g plain flour 300g plain flour
- (sifted) Royal icing / icing pens / sprinkles to decorate (sifted) Royal icing / icing pens / sprinkles to decorate
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 160C and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Mix together the butter and sugar, either by hand or using an electric hand whisk, until smooth. stir in the flour completely then using your hands, squeeze the mixture together to make a ball.
- Dust the surface with a little flour and roll the dough out to about 4mm cut into shapes using a biscuit cutter.
- Transfer the biscuits onto the baking tray and bake for 15–20 minutes, or until pale golden-brown.
- Leave to cool, and decorate as you wish with icing and sprinkles
Find inspiration through our delicious recipes
A mouthwatering selection of sweet and savoury recipes that will become your new favourites.