This salted caramel ice cream recipe is so simple to make and the outcome is simply heavenly to eat! Just mix everything together, put it in tubs, pop it in the freezer and – hey presto – the perfect summertime snack.
For the Ice Cream
- 100 g Golden Caster Sugar 100 g Golden Caster Sugar
- 300 ml Double Cream 300 ml Double Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 large Eggs (Separated) 4 large Eggs (Separated)
For the Salted Caramel Sauce
- 175 g Light Soft Brown Sugar 175 g Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 280 ml Double Cream 280 ml Double Cream
- 50 g Unsalted Butter 50 g Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 tsp Salt 1/2 tsp Salt
HOW TO MAKE SALTED CARAMEL ICE CREAM
Follow this simple 4-step salted caramel ice cream recipe for the most scrumptious summertime treat!
- Before making your ice cream you will need to start with the caramel sauce to allow time for cooling. For the caramel sauce place all the ingredients in a saucepan and gently heat until everything is dissolved, stirring as it warms. Bring to the boil and bubble rapidly for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool.
- For the ice cream pour the cream and vanilla extract into a bowl and whip until soft peaks form. Place the egg yolks in another bowl and whisk until pale and creamy. Fold into the whipped cream.
- Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl, gradually adding Tate & Lyle Golden caster sugar one spoonful at a time, making sure to whisk between each addition. Whisk until thick and glossy. Then fold into the whipped cream mixture.
- Gently swirl in the caramel sauce to create a nice, marbled effect. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight, until completely frozen. When you’re ready to serve, allow the ice-cream to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before scooping.
- If you don’t have time to make your own salted caramel sauce, simply buy a ready-made pot and add to the ice cream as above.
- Your salted caramel ice cream will keep for up to 1 week in the freezer – if it lasts that long!
- This salted caramel ice cream yields 3 litres, making it the perfect addition to a small summer gathering or picnic!