For the Ice Cream
- 100 g Golden Caster Sugar 100 g Golden Caster Sugar
- 300 ml Double Cream 300 ml Double Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 large Eggs (Seperated) 4 large Eggs (Seperated)
For the Salted Caramel Sauce
- 175 g Light Soft Brown Sugar 175 g Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 280 ml Double Cream 280 ml Double Cream
- 50 g Unsalted Butter 50 g Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 tsp Salt 1/2 tsp Salt
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Before making your ice cream you will need to start with the caramel sauce to allow time for cooling. For the caramel sauce place all the ingredients in a saucepan and gently heat until everything is dissolved, stirring as it warms. Bring to the boil and bubble rapidly for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool.
- For the ice cream pour the cream and vanilla extract into a bowl and whip until soft peaks form. Place the egg yolks in another bowl and whisk until pale and creamy. Fold into the whipped cream.
- Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl, gradually adding Tate & Lyle Golden caster sugar one spoonful at a time, making sure to whisk between each addition. Whisk until thick and glossy.
- Gently swirl in the caramel sauce to create a nice marbled effect. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight, until completely frozen. When you’re ready to serve, allow the ice-cream to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before scooping.
If you don’t have time to make your own salted caramel sauce simply buy a ready made pot and add to the ice cream as above.