1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a 20cm cake tin with parchment paper. Feel free to use a bigger tin or a rectangular baking dish to make a sheet cake, just make sure to adjust the baking time.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together the Tate & Lyle Caster sugar and egg yolks until pale yellow and fluffy. Slowly add all other ingredients and mix them in together.
3. In a separate bowl mix the egg whites until you get soft peaks. Using a spatula, fold them into your cake mixture.
4. Pour the sponge mixture into your cake tin and top with half of the sliced strawberries. Bake for approximately 35 to 40 minutes, until golden. If you are using a bigger cake tin then your sponge should be baked in less then 30 minutes. Check by inserting a toothpick in the middle of the cake, if the toothpick comes out clean then the cake is baked.
5. Let it cool down slightly before slicing. You can serve it warm with a spoonful of clotted cream (or vanilla ice cream) and the rest of the fresh strawberries or you can cool it down completely to a room temperature and top the entire cake with more fresh strawberries.