- 500ml double cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- 100g Tate & Lyle Golden Caster Sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 3tbsp Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown Sugar
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat your oven to 150°C/ 300°F /Gas Mark 2.
- Pour the cream into a pan. Split the vanilla pod in half and scrape out the seeds. Add the seeds and pod to the cream. Bring just to boiling point, then remove from the heat and leave for 10 minutes. Remove the pod.
- Whisk the Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar and egg yolks together in a bowl, then slowly whisk in the still-hot cream. Strain into a jug to produce a fine custard.
- Pour this custard into six ramekins. Place the ramekins into a tin and pour enough water in to the tin to reach about half way up the ramekins sides.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, then lift out of the tin and leave to cool. Once cool, place in the fridge for a three hours.
- Turn the grill on to its highest setting. Sprinkle an even layer of Tate & Lyle Soft Brown Sugar over each ramekin and place them all under the hot grill until the sugar melts and bubbles.
- Remove from the grill and leave to cool, then return the ramekins to the fridge to chill until the sugar is rock hard.
Why not put those left over egg whites to good use and give our raspberry ripple meringue recipe a whirl? Recipe here