Christmas Tree Stars
- 225g butter
- 225g Tate & Lyle Dark Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. vanilla bean paste
- 375g plain flour (plus extra, to dust)
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3 and grease a baking sheet or two.
- Cream together the butter and Tate & Lyle Dark Soft Brown Sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla bean paste and mix.
- Sift the flour into the mixture and mix thoroughly to form a dough. Roll out the dough on a floured surface. It needs to be around 1⁄2cm thick.
- Cut out the cookies with a star shape, then use a skewer to make a hole in each cookie (large enough to thread ribbon through), and place on the baking sheets.
- Reroll the offcuts and cut again as many times as you can. Just place the leftover dough in the fridge for 10 minutes if it becomes too soft to work with.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes until golden brown.?
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for five minutes on the tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Thread with pretty Christmas ribbon and tie to your Christmas tree for delicious homemade decorative treats!
GET THE KIDS INVOLVED
Let your kids tie the ribbons onto the biscuits and hang them on the tree - it's less mess for you and gets them in the Christmassy spirit!
If you can't find vanilla bean paste in your local store, try out vanilla essence or whole vanilla bean pods instead!