- 25g butter
- 85g Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar
- 2tsp flour
- 3tbsp double cream
- 150g mixed dried fruit and nuts (such as flaked almonds, cranberries, apricots, raisins, cherries)
- 25g dark chocolate
- 25g milk chocolate
- 25g white chocolate
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, 350ºF, Gas Mark 4.
- Place the butter and sugar into a pan and melt together – allow to turn golden brown before stirring in flour and double cream.
- Add the dried fruit and nuts and mix together.
- Take a large piece of baking paper and grease lightly with butter. Cut into 12 squares and use to line the bases of a 12 hole muffin or bun tin.
- Spoon the mixture into the holes and spread out with a teaspoon. Bake for 12-15 minutes until mid golden brown. Leave for 10-15 minutes to set completely before peeling off the baking paper.
- Melt the chocolates in separate bowls, spread a little chocolate onto the flat side of each Florentine and just before it hardens completely run a fork through the chocolate to create a wavy pattern.
Use your favourite Fairtrade fruits and nuts; we love cranberries, almonds and apricots.