- First, rub the pistachios between your hands to remove any loose pieces of skin.
- Next, melt the butter in a pan over a low heat, add the Tate & Lyle Dark Muscovado Sugar and stir to dissolve for 2-3 minutes stirring all the time until the mixture begins to bubble. Remove from the heat, stir in the cocoa until smooth, tip into a mixing bowl and leave to cool.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl, then, to remove the thready bits, strain through a sieve set over the mixing bowl. Add the vanilla and orange liqueur and stir well, before adding the biscuits, pistachios, pecans, peel and cranberries and mix thoroughly.
- Divide in half and spoon onto 2x45cm (18”) lengths of clingfilm. Roll evenly into a salami shape, about 23cm (9”) long. Twist the ends of the clingfilm to secure and chill in the fridge for 6-8 hours to firm up.
- Remove the clingfilm from the chocolate salamis, put on to a tray and lightly dust with Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar. Slice, arrange on a plate and serve.
This recipe contains raw eggs.