Chocolate Easter Cupcakes
20 minutes (plus 20 minutes to decorate)
- 110 g Tate & Lyle Light Muscovado Sugar
- 110 g butter (at room temperature)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 125 g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100 g butter (at room temperature)
- 225 g Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 chocolate flake bars (crumbled)
- 30 mini chocolate Easter eggs
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE EASTER CUPCAKES AT HOME
GET CREATIVE WITH YOUR EASTER CUPCAKES
When it’s time to decorate your scrumptiously baked chocolate Easter cupcakes, why not let your creativity – or your kids’ – take the reins? Pretty much any sweet treat can be added to these cupcake nests, so feel free to grab your favourite chocolates and sweets and get ready to slice, dice and sprinkle your favourite goodies atop these yummy cakes.
Check out the video below for Easter treats inspiration!
Follow these 4 simple steps to make the ultimate chocolate Easter cupcakes.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, Fan oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4. Put 10 large paper cupcake cases into a bun tin.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy, then gradually beat in the eggs. Stir in the milk and vanilla extract, then sift in the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt, folding in with a large metal spoon.
3. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 22-25 minutes, until risen and firm. Cool for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. To decorate, beat the butter, icing sugar and cocoa powder together for 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy, adding 1 tbsp warm water. Pipe or spread on top of the cakes, leaving a slight depression in the middle. Sprinkle chocolate flake around the edges, then place 3 mini chocolate eggs in the middle of each cake.
- You can freeze these cakes for up to 3 months, though be sure to add the mini Easter eggs only once the cakes have thawed.
- When mixing the ingredients together, it’s important to make sure you don’t over or under mix them, as this will impact the outcome of the cupcakes. Instead, be sure to just mix the ingredients until they have combined nicely.