We’ve taken all the flavours of your favourite cake and transformed them into cookies - perfect with a cup of tea!
For the Biscuits
- 125g Butter (softened) 125g Butter (softened)
- 75g Tate and Lyle Fairtrade Demerara Sugar 75g Tate and Lyle Fairtrade Demerara Sugar
- 50g Light Muscovado 50g Light Muscovado
- 1 Egg (beaten) 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 Carrot (finely grated, about 150g) 1 Carrot (finely grated, about 150g)
- 50g Oats 50g Oats
- 150g Plain Flour 150g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Dr Oetker Bicarbonate of Soda 1 tsp Dr Oetker Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 tsp Mixed Spice 1 tsp Mixed Spice
- 25g Walnuts (roughly chopped) 25g Walnuts (roughly chopped)
- A Pinch of Cinnamon A Pinch of Cinnamon
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C / fan oven 170˚C / Gas Mark 5 and lightly grease two baking sheets. Place the butter, Demerara Sugar and Light Muscovado Sugar in a large Mason Cash mixing bowl then beat together with a wooden spoon until smooth and creamy. Add the egg, carrot and oats then beat again until nicely incorporated.
- Sift over the flour, bicarbonate of soda and mixed spice then beat together with the wooden spoon until completely incorporated. Place heaped teaspoons of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets, flattening them down slightly and bake for 10 - 12 minutes until lightly golden. Allow to cool on the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- To decorate, combine the icing sugar, zest and just enough orange juice to make an icing with a nice drizzling consistency. Drizzle over the cookies, then scatter with the chopped walnuts and finish with a sprinkling of cinnamon. Allow to set before serving.
These cookies will keep well in an airtight container for a couple of days.