25 minutes (plus time for cooling)
- 300 g Whole almonds
- 200 g Tate & Lyle Golden Caster Sugar (plus a little extra for sprinkling)
- 50 ml Water
- Some olive oil to coat baking tray
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
1. Toast almonds in the oven at 180ºC until golden. Remove and set aside.
2. Mix Tate & Lyle Golden Caster Sugar and water in a frying pan. Boil until the mixture starts to caramelise.
3. Add the almonds to the caramel, mix and stir for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and pour on an oil coated tray.
4. Separate the almonds, coat them with Tate & Lyle Caster sugar and let cool.
5. Garnish to taste and serve.
Why not try this recipe with some other types of nuts, too? Our favourites are hazelnuts, cashews, pecans and walnuts. Yummy!