1. Place the flour, Tate & Lyle Pure Cane Light Brown Sugar and salt in a large bowl and mix.
2. Add the cubed butter and using your fingertips rub it into the flour mix until it resembles the texture of large breadcrumbs.
3. Add the ice cold water and bring the dough together. Knead it a few times, then shape into a disc, wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
4. Prepare the frangipane by mixing soft butter with the Tate & Lyle Pure Cane Light Brown Sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and mix again. Add the ground almonds and fold it all together to create a paste-like texture. Set aside.
5. Mix the sliced peaches with the lemon juice, vanilla paste, Tate & Lyle Pure Cane Caster Sugar and cornflour.
6. Roll the chilled pastry into a large circle, roughly about 11' in size. Trim the edges (use the back of a large dinner plate or bowl to trace the circle shape) of the pastry.
7. Transfer the pastry onto a sheet of baking paper. Spread the frangipane filling in the middle, leaving a small border around the edge. Arrange the sliced peaches on top. Fold the edges of the pastry to slightly overlap the fruit.
8. Brush with egg wash and a sprinkle of demerara sugar. Bake at 180C (170C fan) for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
9. Allow the galette to cool down slightly, then brush some peach or apricot jam on top of the fruit to create a glaze. Serve with some cream or a scoop of ice cream.