Brown Sugar Meringues
- 2 egg whites
- 75g Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar
- 40g Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 1tsp white vinegar
- ½tsp cornflour
- Whipped Cream, fresh fruit and berries (to serve)
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 140ºC/275ºF/Gas Mark 1 and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the egg whites in a bowl and whisk with an electric whisk until they form soft peaks. Now whisk in both the Tate & Lyle Sugars a little at a time, then whisk in the vinegar and cornflour.
- Place teaspoonfuls of the meringue mix on the prepared tray. Use the end of the teaspoon to flatten the top of each meringue slightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, then turn the heat down to 110ºC/225ºF/Gas Mark ¼, and bake for another 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- To serve, pile with whipped cream and fresh fruit and berries.
Pipe the meringue mixture into the shape of a heart for a special Mother's Day touch!